Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idol - Really?

I am trying. I am really trying. I like talent shows. I am in awe of actual talent (because I have none). I adore Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, even Top Chef. I just cannot get all the way on board with this show. I used to watch the show back in the day (Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard). I gave it up and moved on to other shows. This season I came back (mainly because of Ellen Degeneres). After the girls performed last night and most of the guys tonight I am wondering whether it is a waste of my time. No one sounds great to me. I don't hear what others hear I guess. Minus Crystal Bowersox last night, everyone else seemed off-key and lackluster. I did like the deadlocked wonder and hope that she goes very far.

We'll see what happens. As for the boys...the judges loved Casey James (not sure if it was his voice or his looks). Even though his performance was not great tonight I am an Andrew Gracia fan.

Who are you liking? Are you having as much trouble as I am picking a singer to pull for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really haven't watched AI since the second season either. It just seemed to be more of the same every yer so I never really made it past Hollywood week if I even got that far.

Crystal is definitely my favorite too. Everyone else pretty much was meh or horrible. Casey and Andrew Garcia sounded like musical geniuses next to some of the guys. And while the girls were generally better, there really wasn't much for me to be excited about besides Crystal, Lily, Didi and Sioban.

Hopefully it was just a major case of nerves, but if the next week is not majorly improved, I'll probably tune out again and just catch some of the performances on YouTube.

Ellen has also been pretty bad as a judge. Granted, I didn't have much hope for her after sitting through her guest stint in SYTYCD, but she has just seemed way out of her element and almost surprised every time she is supposed to give criticism.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tivo Mom said...

I really have been disappointed with Ellen thus far as well. We will see what happens this week. Thanks for the comments.