Friday, February 5, 2010

I Love Modern Family....

Below is a list of quotes from Wednesday night's episode of Modern Family (full story on EW.com). I don't know if you are watching but this show is absolutely hilarious and has me laughing long after the show is over. I assume you know the premise...Dad with a new Colombian trophy wife, son and partner with a new baby, and daughter, husband and three kids. I don't know why the show works but it does and if you are not watching yet, you must. Last night when straight Dad and gay partner of son played racquetball hilarity ensued in the locker room. The picture above shows what Cam (the gay one) calls a "moon landing" (two naked man butts touching). I am still laughing (oh and by the way if you are wet it is called a "splashdown"). Does anyone else watch?

“Luke, that is very offensive to women. Your mom works very hard, just now she works for us.” -Phil to Luke

Best Mitchell and Cam exchange:

“My dream for him is that one day, he’ll be on the Supreme Court.” – Cam about Mitchell’s lawyering skills
“Why Cam?” -Mitchell (just waiting for the punchline)
“So at parties I can tell people my partner is one of the Supremes.” -Cam

Jay’s best (if slightly offensive) quip of the night: “Part of going to the gym is the locker room atmosphere, and if I’m there with a gay guy, it’s just not gonna be the same. I mean for me it’s a locker room, for him it’s a showroom.” -Jay on going to the gym with Cam

“Some people call me a salesman, I call myself a salesfriend, so obviously I need strangers to trust me. I don’t take it kindly when someone Tom Sellecks my bus bench.” -Phil after discovering that someone drew a mustache on his face on his bus bench ad. Love that he turned Tom Selleck into a verb!

“Just test driving my new soup strainer.” -Phil about his wannabe-Tom Selleck mustache

“Once an old lady yelled at her at a crosswalk—she honked so long the horn ran out.” -Manny about Gloria’s bad driving and her inability to take criticism. How fabulous is Manny by the way?

“Oh sure, when you’re gay you just walk around giving butt bumps to everybody. It’s like a high-five — it’s a low two.” –Cam after Jay says that their butt bump helped Cam’s racquetball game.

And finally, the always-critical parenting lesson of the evening:
“You know how in a fairy tale there’s always a potion that makes the princess fall asleep and then the guys start kissing her? Well, this is like that except you don’t wake up in a castle — you wake up in a frat house with a bad reputation.” Phil’s response to Alex when she asks what Jägermeister is. See, we’re all learning things!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this show! Cam and Mitchells talking heads are the best parts. The show won me over with the first episode when they did the Lion King bit introducing the baby. hahah too funny!

Another show I am loving right now is Parks & Recreation. It is so so so much better than it was in its short first season. Ron Swanson I think is my favorite character on TV right now. Definitely check it out if you haven't already!

Lisa said...

This show is the BEST! I laugh so hard that I cry. I rewind it in spots just to see and hear things again so I can laugh even harder!