Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oscar Nominations - Thoughts?

This morning the Oscar nominations were announced (full list here). I will not go into all of the nominations because I have not seen all the movies but here are my thoughts on some of the buzz...

  • Isn't it funny that Anna Kendrick (Up in the Air) was nominated when her other big role this year was Bella's best friend from Twilight?
  • How about Sandra Bullock? Some say that she does not deserve an award but for someone who has entertained us all for so many years, I believe that she is deserving of some recognition.
  • Many people are not fans of the animated movie Up (Best Picture nominee). I personally loved the movie. A little deep in the beginning for the kids; it made everyone's "bucket list" take on a whole new meaning.
  • I could not get through The Hurt Locker. Most loved the movie, and the critics think that it is phenomenal, just not for me.
  • Is it possible that Mo'Nique is going to be an Oscar winner? What a world we live in!
  • I am so not a James Cameron fan. Even in the height of Titanic (which I loved, don't lie you did too) I never liked the man himself.
These are just my initial thoughts. I am sure that in the next month I will have more (or maybe not you never know). Anyway, let me know what you think about the nominations. Are there any movies that I must see before the big night? And were there any great disappointments?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Cameron. I'd love to see Bigelow win for Hurt Locker, even though it was hard to watch.

And I LOVED Up. I thought it was a great blend of the deep and the funny, like The Incredibles before it.

My only question now, is whether I will watch the Oscars or not.