Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things

The above link is going around Facebook right now where you have to write 25 random things about yourself and then send it to your friends. Here is my list. Don't judge (although I probably would but still). I could have kept going since I have so many random thoughts in my head.

1. I never had any doubts on my wedding day. Still don't.
2. I love being from a big family (most of the time) because there are three other people in this world that know exactly what I am going through.
3. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life besides being a wife and mother.
4. I will never (and I mean never) drive a minivan!
5. I wish I still had the body that I had in college.
6. I have so many great friends but sometimes I still get very lonely.
7. I love football and I have no clue what to do on Sunday afternoon without it.
8. I will not set foot in the pool unless the water temperature is over 88 degrees.
9. I hate exercise with a passion and have no idea if I will ever like doing it.
10. I love junk food (see above) and cannot stand what it does to my body.
11. I refuse to drink diet soft drinks.
12. I sometimes think that I faked my way through college and graduate school. I never feel like I am very smart.
13. I worry sometimes that my children are going to do all the things that I did. Then I worry that they won't.
14. I love cigarettes. I just do.
15. I have a very vivid imagination and cannot read books where bad things happen to children. I end up having nightmares.
16. I never talk about people to be mean; it is usually more to get a laugh. I often regret it later.
17. I love television!
18. I hate going to movies that are depressing or that make me think. What is the point?
19. I like to gamble whether in Vegas or on Football games. It stresses me out but it is like a drug.
20. I sometimes feel like I am screwing my children up on a daily basis.
21. My happy place is in a rocking chair, on the porch at the Yacht Club, drinking a cold beer, smoking a cigarette and surrounded by friends.
22. My other happy place is on the beach with my husband and my children.
23. I never read Catcher in the Rye. Never had to and never wanted to.
24. I think romance is cheesy and usually end up laughing at something before things get to intense.
25. In the grand scheme of things I have lived a fairly charmed life and I know this.

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Okay, you realize I'm ignoring my textbook to muse over your list.

Mini-vans - no better way to get six kids around town - which was usually the population of my creative problem solving teams. Either that or the trunk of the Volvo and their parents frowned on that.

Oh good, because I'm going to fake my way through the rest of this degree. I don't trust these people after my post today.

Same with books about children in peril (been there, done that) and depressing movies.

Believe me - you have to do much, much more to mess up your kids.

Tivo Mom said...

Believe me half the stuff you learn does not stay with you; especially after your children get a hold of your brain. I swear I have so many more random thoughts. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?