Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Biggest Loser - Got To Get Them Young

After watching last nights episode of The Biggest Loser I started thinking about all of the junk food that my children eat and I really started with the "what ifs". What if my child was obese? What would I do to help them? This season on The Biggest Loser I have really seen what can happen to your children if you let eating and lack of exercise take over.

The episode began with Bob's team voicing how upset they were; and rightly so! Jillian's team used game play to keep someone that Bob's team wanted to get rid of (Joelle) and completely lied about what they were going to do. When Blaine and Dane (the Black team) tried to comfort Bob's team, I wanted someone to punch them in the lip. You made your choice, we now know that ya'll are in this for the game.

Moving on to a calorie challange, the contestants were presented with Super Bowl food and asked to calculate the calories in some of their favorites. The winner would get a 2 pound pass for their partner and the opportunity to send guest chef Curtis Stone home to help them learn to cook more healthy. Dan won the prize and Chef Stone headed to North Carolina to help Dave. Now I must say David (Orange) does not seem to be very in to the whol Biggest Loser phenomenon. Chef Stone tried to help but you could see that much more work needed to be done.

Keeping with the "Football" theme the challange was next to win the top player immunity and to ensure that whoever won would welcome their partner back on the Ranch. Kurt Warner showed up to cheer on the contestants and I know that NBC had no idea at the time what a coo this would be (who knew that Warner would be takig the Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl?). Helen (of the Pink team) won the challange and guaranteed that her daughter would be returning.


During the "last chance workout" Joelle finally showed her teammates that she wanted to stay and she stepped up her game. I still don't like her and her fakeness but I do like Carla, so Silver can stick around for awhile. The weigh in was difficult. Before everyone weighed in their long-lost teammates returned and had to wait to see if they would be coming back. Brown and Orange fell below the yellow line in what most agreed was the worse case scenerio. Mike (of the Brown team) and Dan (from the Orange team) were the yougest players on the Ranch and both needed to stick around. But after Dave (Orange team) acted as if he could care less, the Orange team was sent home.



In the transformation moment at the end of the show Dan showed excellent improvement and had lost over 100 pounds. David, on the other hand, lost a little over 40 pounds and does not seem to be taking any of this very seriously. In fact his big announcement was that he had quit smoking, which is great but quiting fried chicken is important as well Dave.

So everyone is back next week and it will be fun to see how the pairs mesh after being apart for a month. I am looking forward to Carla and her mouth. Later taters.

2 comments:

angie said...

Upon seeing in the previews for this episode that the vote would be between brown and orange (thanks for the spoiler NBC), my initial thought was that they would send brown home. I felt that Dan needed to be at the ranch more than the brown people, simply because they would have a built-in support team with each other. And the dad had lost before, so I thought that would help.

But then David opened his mouth. And OMG! I was shocked at his "well, I can do it here or at home" attitude! I loved, loved, loved when Tara (green team) called him out and told him what a great opportunity he would be missing, especially since he was only there a week and hundreds of thousands of people would gladly trade him places!

And "being confined???" Uh, hello? That's part of what makes weight loss at the ranch so successful. You can't run down to the corner buffet and gorge yourself on hot dogs and fried chicken. Argh!

I was glad to see he had lost, but you can just tell his heart is not in it at all. I do hope that he wakes up to reality before the finale. I cannot wait to see how Dan does! I just know he's going to knock our socks off!

Tivo Mom said...

I hope so! I loved Dan but I could not stomach David. And the Brown Dad made me cry (just a little). It is getting good, I must admit.