Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kindergarten Exam


I have an appointment at 10:00 am today to have my four year old tested to get into a new school. The test is to see if she is ready for Kindergarten next year. What if she fails? What if they ask her the color red and she points to blue, or for an "A" and she points to "B" (I mean what else would they ask right?). If she fails am I a failure? If she can't spell her name does this mean I should have been sitting down doing it with her every day until she got it right? And if I am this bad about Kindergarten how in the world will I handle college applications? Stress on a Saturday just sucks!!

3 comments:

David Dust said...

If they ask her to point to the color red and she points to blue instead - who cares?? She is still the same fabulous little girl. No child is ever going to be perfect - and no mom is ever going to be able to raise the perfect child.

Don't stress - it will all work out.

Besides, if she has trouble with colors, she could always apply to Project Runway. Most of those bitches couldn't tell green from purple!...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

the dogs' mother said...

No, you won't be a bad mom. Kids are all over the board in development. Mine are a case in point...

I started the twins in kindergarten at six years of age. As per conventional wisdom Daughter was ready Eldest was not, so I kept them both out. Gorilla Boy went at age six and I removed him for five months and put him in again in the spring. In our state you can be flexible about kindergarten. The benefits of later start is you don't have a really young college student. My brother was 17 when he went to college and it didn't work. Came home for a year and then started again.

Tivo Mom said...

Thanks for the support. I held my oldest back (he was 6 when he started Kindergarten) and was happy with the decision but I think she is ready. I am just a neurotic mom. As for Project Runway DD, she would have to have a "story" and we don't have one, yet. I will keep you posted. XO