Monday, January 12, 2009

The Golden Globes

So I watched the whole thing and yes it is better if you have seen the movies. Although there were some that I now want to see (Slumdog Millionaire is at the top of my list) others I could care less about. I have absolutely no desire to see Mickey Rourke (could he wash his hair please) in the Wrestler and although I love Kate Winslet (and loved her speeches the most) I don't go to the movies to get depressed. The show moved quickly and was fairly interesting to watch. I actually felt a tear when Heath Ledger was announced a winner.

Most of the women looked great. A few of the standouts for me were Kate Winslet and Eva Mendes. In the bad category; I hated the gold lame' number that Jennifer Lopez wore and I thought that Drew Barrymore's hair was a little over the top. None of the men stood out too much in my eyes except for Mickey Rourke (yuck).


I will watch E's Fashion Police tonight to find out what they have to say about the best and the worst dressed. Also I wonder if anyone is going to acknowledge the diss that Brad and Angelina gave to Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet. Very interesting.

2 comments:

Joy said...

J-Lo didn't wear her wedding ring and sat with her back to Marc, who had his arms around her while she sat straight and unsmiling - at least when I saw them on camera. They are apparently also having problems. I missed the snub to Ryan Seacrest by Brangelina but am not sad about it. :-)

I liked Tina Fey's speech. Kate Winslet really was genuinely surprised and elated. I agree about Mickey Rourke. He's always sort of creeped me out. That was nice about the dogs, though. The Borat guy turns me off.

That award to Heath Ledger was expected and won't be surprising if he wins an Oscar posthumously. That was a powerful performance, and the Academy does things like that sometimes. It's likely he'd have won if he'd lived, though.

Kate Beckensale's dress looked like a calla lily and was beautiful on her. Eva Mendez did look gorgeous and that necklace!

Tivo Mom said...

You payed a lot more attention than I did. I did not notice J-Lo beyond the dress which I hated. I watched the Fashion Police today and they did not have a lot of nice things to say either. Their Best Dressed was Eva Longoria and Tom Cruise. Worst was Renee Zellweger.