Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Biggest Loser - Joelle Shut Up!

I knew that someone was going to break apart from the pack and be the one that gets on my nerves; I just did not realize that this would happen so early in the show. But last night Joelle succeeded in making me want her gone and I realized that I was not alone.

The contestants started the week with a temptation and it was all about money. $25 thousand to leave the show now and Miss Joelle actually considered it. Not only did she announce that $25 thousand was more than she made in two years (what in the world does she do for a living?) she also let us know about living with her mama and her bad choices. This show is to fix your body it is not "extreme" makeover for your entire life. Most of the contestants seemed to realize how much everyone hated Vicky from last season because they announced (Dan in particular) that the show was not about the money, it was about the weight loss (how long will that attitude last?).

Next up was a challenge and boy was it? Everyone had to paddle a boat, and then hike up a mountain to reach their flag first. The winner received immunity and the loser received a one pound penalty. Tara (green team) won and Dan (orange, bless his heart) came in last. The contestants then had their last chance workout and this is where the show really got good. Bob finally lost it with Joelle and told her to "shut up and do what he said". It was great! Every time he told her to do something she was doing that passive aggressive bullshit where she agreed with him and kept repeating "no fear" over and over (you just knew that it was put on and fake) and Bob just started yelling at her. I loved it and it worked; she finally stopped talking.


Week two Weigh-In's are notoriously hard and this one was no exception. The bottom two were Daniel (orange) and Jerry (the old man from the white team). Joelle just missed being below the bottom line and I think many would agree had she fallen below she would have gone home. Everyone knew that both Jerry and Dan needed (and wanted) to be on the Ranch but in the end Jerry was sent home. I actually got a little teary when Jerry was sent home but after seeing his at home piece it looks as if he and his wife are doing well.

As for the rest of the at home contestants, all seem to be working out and trying to be good with food. Although it was a little scary to see David (orange) ordering hot dogs and french fries when he first arrived home. The show is keeping us posted on how everyone is doing and I will be interested to see how Carla (Joelle's teammate) reacts when she realizes how poorly Joelle is behaving. Right now Joelle is the one I want gone but that could change (very quickly). See you next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am watching Biggest Loser right now and Bob looked like he wanted to just strangle someone while Joelle and Carla were fighting! It was just too much.

Talk about emotional baggage, the way Joelle says things like "I will not give up, I will be strong..." when she is working out just send off this unbalanced vibe.

Hopefully this will kick both of them into shape and they can work out the major communication issues!

Hope you finally get to watch FNL!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they didn't vote off Joelle! If it were me at this point in the game I would vote for group morale over game play, but to each his own...

Tivo Mom said...

I am actually mad. I hate it when people lie. Ugh I cannot stand Joelle. Funny how there is always one.