Thursday, February 28, 2008

America's Next Top Model - Cycle 10

All fourteen new "models" headed to New York for the start of the new season. The house seemed smaller than in years past (the difference between New York and LA maybe?) and the girls have already started with the catfights. I want to like Fatima, I want to feel bad for her for what she has been through (female circumscion) but she is so condenscending and so mean to some of the other girls that I am having a difficult time rooting for her.

Everyone participated in a runway show for Badgley Mischka and there were definately some problem walkers (poor Lauren). Then on to the photo shoot where the girls posed with real homeless women trying to turn their lives around. Once again Tyra likes to shove her causes down our throats but this was a worthy one and the pictures were very interesting.

When the girls walked in to the judging room one chair was empty (we all knew that Twiggy was no longer) and Tyra introduces the new judge Paulina Porizkova. The judges then get down to business. Some of the photos were good, some not great but it is the first photo shoot everyone, give them a chance. Finally it was Kimberly's turn and she decided that she did not agree with modeling for high fashion (huh?) and wanted to go home. Small rant here: She knew what she was doing and what she was getting into and she took a spot away from another girl. Just because you model a dress that costs $5000 does not mean that this is what you have to wear. After Kimberly left Tyra announced that someone was still going home. After much deliberation the judges decided to send home Atalya.

Couple of things; why send home Atalya (a cute girl) when Dominique looks so much like a drag queen? Marvita might be growing on me, I thought her picture was good. Amis (previously Aimee) does not look like a model to me at all and she seems to have a little adult ADD.

Next week is makeovers (my favorite) and I hope a few girls cry this time (I know I am mean but I love that). Stay tuned!

No comments: