Monday, February 4, 2008

The Super Bowl

I watched the entire game (I am a big football fan) and all of the commercials and I went to bed disappointed. Not only in the game (I was pulling for the Patriots) but in the commercials. The Giants came to play (yuck) so I know that they deserved to win (yuck again) but the commercials did not live up to my expectations either.

The two I loved were both Bud Lite commercials , one with Will Ferrel and the other with the fire breathing allergies. I also liked the Dalmation and the Clydesdale Rocky themed one but it was obviously sentimental and not laugh out loud funny. I wanted to like Justin Timberlake's Pepsi Ad (because I love him) and it was cute but it did not live up to the hype.

Other than that none of the rest were memorable (neither were the Patriots and their offense). So another year, another billion dollars spent on trying to grab our attention and another failure in my mind. How many months until football starts again? What will I do with my Sunday afternoons?

No comments: