Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lipstick Jungle

I gave it a second chance! And I have to say I am glad. After last weeks pilot episode I was not excited about watching Thursday night's new episode of this new show. I was pleasantly surprised. Although I still think this show has a lot of work to do this past episode was much better than the pilot. I hope that others gave it a chance.

This week found Wendy (Brooke Shield's character) in the midst of a scandal with a not yet published tell all on her desk from a former nanny. The book protrayed her as an evil bitchy man-woman who cares more about work than her family and revels in putting her husband in his place. then there was the Nico story who found out that the young hottie that she slept with last week actually works for her. Hmm...can we say sexual harassment anyone? As for Victory she is cluelessly sinking into no mans land with her fashion business so much so that her assistant stole designs from under her nose (to pass them off as her own) and Victory did not even notice. However, her love life is looking up with the billionaire (Andrew McCarthy is getting cuter this week and growing on me) and she is spending a lot of time telling him not to rescue her.

The major way that I decide that a show is worth watching is deciding whether or not I care about what happens next week. I actually care! I am looking forward to finding out where Nico's affair goes and how Wendy and her husband handle his jealousy. I want to know if Victory continues to date the billionaire and if she can get her business back again. This is why I will watch. I will also watch because I like to see women supporting each other and not putting each other down all of the time (America's Next Top Model anyone?, although I watch that too). We will see how long NBC will allow the show to stay on and if in fact an audience will care to "watch next week".

No comments: