Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change

I never liked change. As a child I hated going to a new school, was scared to death to go off to college and detested moving to the big city after I got married. Now as an adult I have moved (yuck), I am constantly watching my children change and every day something new happens to help reinforce the fact that I don't deal well with change. Hell I even get upset when my television schedule is uprooted or characters in a book change from the original idea (hello Scarlett anyone?). So as you can imagine this morning, in the wake of last nights memorable election results, I am apprehensive. I am not sure if I am excited or scared but I do know that we are all in for a whole new way of life. Please help us all to deal with this change and hopefully come out of this better and stronger. I am optimistic for the future (I think) but I am still scared to death of the unknown.

No comments: