Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Twilight - Peer Pressure?

I usually like to pick my own books to read. I go through stages where I read biographies, mysteries, chick lit etc. I know that everyone is shocked but I actually read every day. Anyway, I have a friend who is obsessed with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and she suggested I read it. I resisted only because the books (and the movie Friday) are everywhere. I figured that I would get to them eventually but I did not want to jump on the bandwagon. Well as of today I jumped on the bandwagon. I just started the first book (and I will let you know if I like it). Obviously I will not line up to see the movie as I am a huge proponent of seeing the movie only after you have finished the book. Has anyone else read the books? Good, bad, indifferent? I only ask because the last time I resisted a phenomenon was Harry Potter and once I jumped on that bandwagon I could not jump off. I still re-read all of those books and am still mad about the movie not coming out this month as planned. For those of you who are fans of both, please note that the boy (very cute but boy nonetheless) playing the lead in Twilight is none other than Robert Pattinson who played Cedric Diggory in the 4th Harry Potter movie. Interesting coincidence.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

I am too busy reading blogs to read books. I've never even ready Harry Potter.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Maybe we need to expand your horizons a little. Just a little.