Friday, November 7, 2008

Sex and the City sequel


Am I the only female on the planet who was not blown away by the Sex and the City movie? I was a huge fan of the show (huge!) and have seen every episode multiple times but the movie left me a little flat. I went opening weekend and I came out disappointed; like something was missing. Now the producers (and the stars I guess) want to make a sequel. I guess my response to that is; what is there left to do? I assume that Carrie and Mr. Big can have babies or someone could die (Ok thats too morbid) but it seems as if the fab four have done just about everything. People is reporting that Kim Cattrall confirmed the sequel news (see story here) while Sarah Jessica Parker is saying that it is not confirmed yet (that story here). So I guess we will wait to see if the movie becomes a reality. Of course I will go see it and hope that this one gives me more than the first but I have to say this; nothing will ever come close to the television show. Sometimes the magic happens and then it goes away. To me this was one of those times.

4 comments:

David Dust said...

How's this for being a "bad gay"?...

I STILL haven't seen the SATC Movie! And I loved, loved, LOVED the show - and still watch the repeats.

Maybe I'll stop by Blockbuster on the way home. If so, I'll let you know what I think.

XOXOXO

David Dust said...

I rented it, LOVED it ... and it made my CRY.

I guess I'm a good gay after all.

XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

You are a good gay! Because I did not like it does this make me a bad woman though? Oh well, I guess I have the sequel to look forward to.

Joy said...

I plan to see it and didn't see it in the theater. I hope I like it because I love the series.