Thursday, November 13, 2008

America's Next Top Model - I am Done!!

I have tried and tried to continue watching this show. ANTM has been one of my favorites for many years and has become a staple on my Tivo list but (always a but) this year I think that I have hit my "brick wall" with the antics of Tyra Banks. I cannot (and will not) watch her in real time anymore. I have to be able to fast forward through her "fierce" speeches and her "smiling with her eyes" references. Last night as I attempted (one final time) to watch the show I realized that I was fast forwarding more than I was actually watching the episode.

No longer does Tyra seem inspiring or down to Earth. She is loud, obnoxious and over the top (not in a good way). The J's are no longer amusing and fun. And Nigel Barker has just become boring! The only judge that I still enjoy is Paulina and she has so little air time that her bits are few and far between. Plus every contestant looks and acts like someone we have already seen before. Keep in mind that most of these girls have grown up watching this show. I admire the reality shows that keep it new and interesting (The Amazing Race) after many seasons. ANTM is just not one of them.


I promise that I do not hate on all shows right now but I had to get my little rant off of my chest and move on.

No comments: