Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Working Girl; That's Me!

And not in the standing on the street corner, selling my body for money way. I got a job today!!! It kind of fell in my lap (the best kind of job) and after careful consideration I decided to accept. Please understand I have not worked (at a real job) in 4 years (since my youngest was born) and I am a little overwhelmed. I am going to be working part-time, teaching preschool. Yes, I actually have my Masters in Teaching, I just never really got around to using it. So I start December 1st and I will be a nervous wreck until I get into the groove. Wish me luck because with eight 2 year olds in the class; I will need it. And in no way will this interrupt my television time; I made sure of that.

4 comments:

David Dust said...

That is the absolute best news!!! Congratulations and good luck.

Don't be a stranger.

XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Very scary! Thanks for the well wishes but you know I cannot go too long without checking the blogs.

Joy said...

Congratulations and good luck! Wow! Pre-school! Those first years in school are the most important, so my hat is off to you. I taught almost 40 years and know how rewarding it can be. It sounds as if you are easing into this by teaching part-time, which will help you get used to working again. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joy for the well wishes. I am still a little scared but hopefully once I get used to the routine everything will calm down.