Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Amazing Race - In Brief

I have started watching The Amazing Race on Monday nights with my children (they love it) so any comments I have will not be posted until Tuesday. This week's episode was not very exciting but I had a few items that I wanted to voice. For a full recap check out EW. com here.
  • I love that Mike and Mel (gay father/son team) came in first this week. They are fun to watch and I just love the relationship that they have. Both father and son can get a little snarky but then there is a hug or kiss and all is right with the world. I loved that Mike uttered not one word of complaint about wearing the gymnastics uniform (and it was tight!). If we could all be that laid back (I am saying this now who knows what will happen next week?)?
  • I hate it when a team that I don't care about gets eliminated. Sounds weird I know but if you are not invested in the pit stop the the show loses its luster.
  • Kris is still hot!
  • Vampires are everywhere. Who knew that The Amazing Race would jump on that bandwagon.
  • I am not crazy about Victor and Tammy. She seems sweet but he is so controlling (big brother) and the crying thing this week was a little contrived (I was not moved).
I am still trying to decide who to pull for so next week it is. Later taters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother/son team is my fave, although I can't remember their names right off...

(JT)

Anonymous said...

I liked this episode. They spent a little too much time on the airports, but I guess it is necessary when they were so crucial to the little things that go so horribly wrong!

Plus, how can you not love it when Mike (aka Ned Schneebly from School of Rock) is doing gymnastics in a leotard and exclaims "I want my damn medal!" after completing the mission?! It was too funny :)