Monday, March 23, 2009

Can You Go Home Again?

I left 80 degree weather on Friday to head to 50 degree weather in North Carolina. I went home to see friends and celebrate a baby shower (and get my Bojangles fix). All weekend I felt a little off. Everyone talks about their life and what is going on with other friends but no one can relate to my life at all. Sunny South Florida is not North Carolina and the differences are seemingly huge. I love my friends and have known all of them since I was very young (6 or younger) but this move (on my part) seems to have put a wedge between me and them. I know that people drift apart and I would be devastated if that happened but if I am honest with myself it already has. I might be feeling a little sorry for myself today too because I feel so far away from everything. Blah Monday and all that.

By the way, the good news is that I was able to get my Cajun Chicken Biscuit Combo with Seasoned Fries and a Sweet Tea!

6 comments:

David Dust said...

Why must you always tease me with this "Bojangles" you always talk about?!? I weighed myself this morning and almost cried - heavier than I've ever been in my life!

When I'm on The Biggest Loser, I want you to write nice things about me...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

OMG - that chicken biscuit looks TOO delish!

the dogs' mother said...

oh, wow! it would kill me, but it sure would taste good!

My parents moved six times since I graduated high school. I have *no* home. :-(

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

Dang it! If I knew Bojangles was that good, I would have gotten lunch there this weekend.

Tivo Mom said...

Bojangles is the best ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Tivo Mom,
I am a North Carolina friend and I want you to know that I do not feel a wedge between us at all, not even because I am JELLO that you have nice warm sunny weather and can wear cute fun outfits while I still have to wear raincoats, down vests, parkas, and other seemingly fashionable outerwear in this still wintery weather! Miss you and can't wait to see you!! TTFN!

HammerWrench said...

And who was it that produced the said biscuit that you speak of... I am glad it was a highlight. Thanks for your help with the blog. I haven't posted anything but I will. It was good to see you!
Love
HammerWrench