Friday, March 27, 2009

Play It Again....

On my first official day of Spring Break (the kids don't get out until 2:45) I am getting ready to go to the pool and read but I thought I would check out Facebook first. The new thing on Facebook is to list 5 of your favorite things (movies, songs, books etc). One of the lists caught my eye and instead of posting it on Facebook, I decided to post it here.

Which 5 movies would you watch over and over? Now I think that I have stated (for the record) that I do not like movies that are sad, depressing, or thought provoking. I like happy endings! Therefore the following 5 movies are the movies that I will watch at any time to put a smile on my face or to cheer me up. These are the movies that if you pass them (surfing for something to watch) and they are on TBS, Lifetime, Bravo etc, no matter where the movie happens to be I will stop to watch.

1. Hoosiers - One of the best sports movies ever. The classic Cinderella story guaranteed to make you believe in the underdog.

2. When Harry Met Sally - I can recite this movie because I have seen it so many times. To this day one of the most romantic lines in a movie (to me) ever. "You are the fist person I want to see in the morning and the last person I want to speak to at night."

3. It's A Wonderful Life - Cheesy I know but who doesn't want to believe that the whole town will come together to help you. And that you actually meant something in your life.

4. Father of the Bride - Steve Martin is so believable as the Dad that you forget he is not your Dad. I still get teared up when the daughter calls from the airport at the end of the movie.

5. Sixteen Candles - Jake Ryan! Enough said.

Now I do have many more that I love but these are my top 5. Did I miss any good ones?

2 comments:

David Dust said...

Jake Ryan will always be the perfect boy.

XOXOXOXO

Joy said...

Good list! I know why you like them. So do I.