Thursday, March 19, 2009

Memory of Natasha Richardson

When I was growing up my mother did a lot of acting. Mostly regional theater (which is why I am so open minded about certain things) but she did get an occasional movie. Movies do get made in North Carolina. Anyway, my mom had a fairly decent part in a movie called The Handmaids Tale (based on a book about a futuristic society) with one of the stars being Natasha Richardson. My mother mentioned meeting this nice young woman who asked and was interested in her (our) large family. She asked about our growing up on the coast and about different family vacations and even visited my mother in her trailer to talk and get to know her. It is funny that I remember my mom talking about this unaffected woman so many years later. And every time I saw Natasha Richardson in a movie I remembered how my mother described her. She was, as mom said, a woman who loved her job but who wanted a family more than anything. How upsetting that her children lost her at such a young age.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

What a great personal remembrance. This is just too sad for words...

Joy said...

This has affected me so much, and I just can't shake it. Yes, that is a wonderful personal remembrance I'm glad you have.