Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What?????

I was reading People.com (as I do daily) and came across their top article about The Bachelor last night. Now I no longer watch the show (I stopped watching the year Jesse ended up with Jess) and have missed most of the drama this season so maybe I am reading this wrong but...the article says that the guy proposed to one and then dropped her for the other 6 weeks later. Are you serious? And he did this on national television? If anyone watched last night let me know I would love to hear your thoughts. See the full story (here) on People.com.

One other quick question. This Melissa girl (the one he proposed to and then subsequently dumped) looks like one of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders from Making the Team (I watch so much stupid television), is she?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had only watched the season with Andrew Firestone before this one. He was supposed to be a genuine good guy, single father, recently dumped on the last Bachelorette.

There were rumors circulating a few weeks ago, which turned out to be true, that Jason was going to dump Melissa on the After the Final Rose and go to Molly. The thing that made me stop watching after I heard the rumors was that supposedly he had been smitten with Molly from the beginning but decided to go along with the producers ploy to have great ratings. He would do a bait and switch, build up a love story with Melissa, who seemed genuine, then proceed to dump her sayng he never lost his feeling for Molly and go back to her. I don't think Molly was totally in on it, but she had to know something was up near the end. Also, the fact that they were undoubtedly seeing each other during the 6 week break when he wasn't with Melissa is another thing making this so horrible. If he was really conflicted with his feelings, guess what? Don't propose to either one!! Simple.

Yes, Melissa was a Cowboys Cheerleader, and I feel so horrible for her that ABC, Chris Hanson, Jason all decided to play with her emotions like that and set this up once they saw what was happening during the season. Not a very good example for your kid in my opinion.

Here is a forum I read and comment on, linked to where they start talking about the rumors that were revealed if you want to know more. Otherwise it is a fun place to get spoilers and talk about shows with people who are more tame and informed rather than postng jibberish like "OMGZ!! did u guyz c that crzyness that went down?!?!?" haha:

http://vevmo.com/f224/the-bachelor-13-spoilers-and-speculation-2669/index8.html

Tivo Mom said...

Thanks for the input. Chris Harrison was on Ryan Seacrest's radio show today and vehemently denied all of the rumors about the rating stuff. What else is he going to say right? You always want to say that you get what is coming to you by being on television but I just feel so sorry for this girl.