Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Week in My Shows

My two main "Reality" shows that I have to watch every week are; The Amazing Race and The Biggest loser (now I watch others but these two get watched before anything else). My one other show that jumps to the front of my Tivo is Gossip Girl. Without further ado here is my quick take on these three shows this week and I hope to be back to normal next.

First, as stated before Gossip Girl was a huge disappointment. I have been waiting a month for new episodes and this is the tired shit they bring to me. This secret society thing that Chuck had going on was just stupid and now you want us to believe that Blair would rather be with no name Carter as opposed to Chuck Bass. As for Dan's "affair" with the teacher (who looked 15 by the way) dumb and dumber. She was too mousy to last very long and I was glad to see her leave. The play on The Age of Innocence did not work and became even more far-fetched when Serena discovered that the object of her affection was gay. I say Bring back Georgina (my God did I really say that?)!

The Amazing Race was the usual of high energy teams moving from place to place and then a hiccup. The Roadblock ended up being that one person from each team had to strip down to their skivvies and run a few miles in the cold Russian climate. So this is the Roadblock that comes up after Kris is eliminated! Really? How could you do this to me? Anyway, all the other teams completed the task as the flight attendants came in last (she had to do her run in a thong). But no elimination this week so everyone stays. As always, I hate when that happens (unless it is a team I love).

Finally, this week on The Biggest Loser the contestants all got to go home for a week and....run a half marathon? Yes they got to see their families but the challenge for the week was to complete a half marathon (13.2 miles I think) and the person with the fastest time received $10,000. With a little game play involved Sione won the money. The weigh-in was what you would expect for the teams after spending a week at home and once again the Blue team loses to the Black team. So who goes home? It should have been Audrey (not that I wanted that) since Ron, Kristin, and Cathy had an alliance but Cathy sacrificed herself (now this is how a mother should be Helen) and she was sent home. On to next week and I am ready to see one of the Black team members get sent home (just not Mike).

This is my synapses for the week (not bad right) and I finished my part of the gift for my parents. So maybe I can do it all...wait where are my children?

No comments: