Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Biggest Loser - Who needs food?

I abhor reality shows that are supposed to eliminate someone every week and then have a week that is "to be continued". It pisses me off and ruins my week of television (OK not really but when you have your mind set on something and it does not happen it messes up your psyche). Last night on The Biggest Loser no one was eliminated and nothing too exciting happened. OK a few things were worth noting.

Another week on the Ranch and another week of the Black team domination. Both the challenge (a cooking challenge with Rocco) and the other challenge (packing boxes for the Food Bank) were won by the Black team. The Food Bank challenge gave each member of the winning team free groceries for the year and the Moms on the Blue team really wanted to win. Sadly they did not but in a surprise (and extremely sweet) move Mike gave his free groceries to one of the Moms because he (being only 18) did not have a family to feed. I am liking him more and more!

During the weigh in Alison announced that if each player had lost 7 pounds (1 pound per day) for the week then no one on either team was going home. So for the remaining 11 players the total weight loss had to be over 77 pounds. At the end of the episode it was poor, young Mike (bless his heart) stepping on the scale having to lose over 9 pounds to keep everyone in the game. And that's where it ended (dammit). So we won't find out until next week if anyone goes home and how Mike's weight loss was for the week. I hate not knowing!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! I get so annoyed. Like what they heck did they just spend the past 2 hours on?!

I have a bad feeling that they don't make it to the 77, especially with the previews of Sione and Filipe getting mad at Jillian.

Until next week...ugh

Anonymous said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that they changed the rules in the middle of the show because they didn't want Mandy being voted out. Remember that on the earlier challenge, one player won two votes at the elimination. What good is that if on one gets voted out! Also, I absolutely believe that the show weighs the contestants beforehand so that they know how to get the most drama out of the weigh in. I think they realized that the blue team lost and that Mandy would be next to go, so they changed the rules. To be honest, I don't know if they did that or not, but it seems like they changed the rules in the middle of an episode and I am just trying to guess why.