Monday, March 16, 2009

America's Next Top Model - Melee in NY

I think that I told you that I was watching America's Next Top Model and had planned on doing recaps but...after watching the first few episodes I could not bring myself to do it. From the screeches of the girls whenever Tyra (or the J's for that matter) walks in the room, to the fake Mission: Impossible reference on makeover day, to the complete overuse of the word "fierce"; I have had enough. I fast forward more than I actually watch and any word that I would use to discuss Tyra just seems inappropriate.

Imagine my surprise (this is in my sarcastic voice) when I discovered yesterday that ANTM caused a Melee in New York at a casting call. I checked to see if anyone was hurt and then could not stop laughing. Read the full story here on People.com.

I will say my piece and be done...a melee for a show that has succeeded in launching ZERO careers is absolutely fantastic! The diva herself, Miss Banks, wants everyone to believe that she is all-knowing about the fashion world when all I can see is a has been (who can "smile with her eyes"). She attempts to promote positive body images while in reality she enjoys promoting herself. I just don't understand what all the fuss is about!

5 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I just look at these kids and think you are wasting such a productive time of your life - getting skills that will last you a lifetime instead of banking on a short window of unrealistic physical perfection in a fickle market.

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

For someone so self-absorbed, you would think she would've stayed in the modeling game instead of retiring and promoting herself on two or three shows (I honestly forgot about True Beauty; If it weren't for The Soup and The Dish, I wouldn't have remembered that it aired at all) and pretending to do things for others.

Or maybe she just wanted to not worry about her weight but still have the world look at her. *rolls eyes* Anyway out, there's no reason to riot over getting on her show. Considering that the most successful contestant IMHO is Mercedes, the runner-up from season 2 (and currently in a Subway commercial), I wouldn't be breaking my neck to get on, but that's just me.

Tivo Mom said...

I totally agree with you both but yet after so many years I kept watching. Train wreck scenario maybe?

Bob said...

"a has been (who can "smile with her eyes")"

This says it all.
The show used to be fun and frivolous, until Miss Thang started taking herself too seriously.

Tivo Mom said...

I am so glad that I am not the only who thinks so.