Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gossip Girl

I hate Blair! I hate Jenny! I hate Blair again! Wait, I hate Jenny again! Never has a show been such an emotional roller coaster for me (OK there have been others). I must say that I was a little disappointed with the newest (finally) Gossip Girl last night. I was hoping to see Michelle Trachtenberg and all we saw were gifts from her to Serena (which we thought were from Chuck). It looks like she will be arriving next week. I just felt as if the show needed some power behind it and I am not sure that little Jenny has that power (oh how I miss the Queen "B").
Here is how it all went down. Blaire arrived at school to heckling and yogurt in her hair (made possible by little Jenny). Serena told her to suck it up. Serena and her family have moved in with Chuck and his Dad and Serena is miserable (while Eric is surprisingly OK with it all). Serena continued to get mysterious gifts throughout the show thinking that they were from Chuck. She then reported this to her Mom and Chuck's Dad kicked him out. Poor Chuck! The Serena got a note stating that everything was from "G" (who we know must be the mysterious Georgina) and that she is returning to town. Meanwhile, little Jenny has stooped to stealing to keep up with her rich friends and with Blair's help she is caught with a stolen dress. The girls promptly drop Jenny and head to Blair's table at Butter but it is not over yet. Armed with her new friendship with Nate, Jenny shows up at Butter (with Nate trying to be nice) and steals Blair's comeback moment.

The questions are; will Blair let this go (oh hell no)? Does Jenny have the evil spirit to come out on top? Why are the new underlings not very attractive (aren't they supposed to be the hottest girls in school)? What is Serena's big secret? How do these kids drink everywhere they go? Was anyone else grossed out when Serena accepted a drink from Chuck? Till next week. XOXO!

No comments: