Tuesday, April 1, 2008

How I Met Your Mother

If you are not watching this show, you need to be. Last night I was laughing so hard that I thought I was going to wake the children up. I do not think that there is a funnier character on television than Barney Stinson (NPH) and he completely and totally makes this show.

The premise last night was that a girl was trying to sabotage Barney's ability to lie to get girls into bed. One girl out of the many that he had slept with was stalking him to make sure that no other girl would fall prey to his lies. So Barney, who keeps a scrapbook of all of his conquests, sets up a "March Madness" bracket to narrow down the choices to one. He only gets to the final four and then visits each woman to see if they are the one. None are but at the end of the segment when the song One Shining Moment is played (basketball fans will know but it is the song that is played at the end of the NCAA tournament) while flashbacks are popping up across the screen was shear genius. I loved the whole concept (of course CBS could do this since they are broadcasting the basketball games) and I actually had tears running down my face. The writers gave us one more little treat; at the end we got a nod to Doogie Houser at the computer as Barney (NPH) was typing out what he learned. The Doogie Houser music played as Barney wrote that he learned he was AWESOME!

This show is once again on the bubble to come back next year (why is it that I always fall in love with shows that no one else watches). I honestly believe that it is one of the funniest, if not the funniest, sitcom on television right now. Please watch! I love this show and I finally want to to meet the "Mother".

No comments: