Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What to Read?

Lats week, during my funk, I decided that I needed to start thinking a little more. Most days after the children are in bed, I am so brain dead that I do not want to think about anything. Hence the reason for my addiction to Tivo and television in general. However, I read every night before I go to sleep so I thought that maybe I should read more challenging books. I adore all books including chick lit, mysteries, children's books etc but lately I have been reading a lot of fluff. So off to the library I went to try to vary my reading options and read more "literature". I checked out a book by Jane Austin and another by Henry James and felt that this would get me started on my quest to expand my horizons. Well, as of today I have returned both books to the library because I could not get past page 1 of either book. I tried, I really did but I think after 4 years of staying home and a lifetime of television addiction my brain will no longer accept the classic written word. The lesson of this experiment; don't try to change what you like just because you think you should. At least I read something, right?

No comments: