Monday, January 21, 2008

The Amazing Race

I had to watch football last night so I watched the finale this morning. I knew that TK and Rachel would win but I think I still had one small hope that Nick and Don were going to surprise everyone (the didn't but I could not help wishing).

Ron and Chris led the entire leg of the final journey but the Roadblock stopped and stumped everyone. Who would have thought that skinny little Rachel would have the calm and collected wits about her to finish out what I thought was an extremely difficult and confusing puzzle? All three teams ended up at the Roadblock and because Rachel and TK finished first, they ultimately ended up with the prize.

I was impressed with Don and Nick for finishing and completing the entire race and my hat is off to Don for completing everything at the age of 69. I did get sick of hearing Ron say how much he had changed over the course of the race (yeah right). He still seemed smug and fake to me. I think he was so rehearsed onscreen that we never ever got to see the real person (except when he was yelling at his daughter).

I watched The Early Show this morning as well and when presented with the check TK and Rachel still seemed stunned. They said that they were still together but we all know how money changes people.

I still think it would have been fun to have Kent and Vixyn in the final round. As always, we all wonder if Nate and Jen are still fighting? Looking forward to the next installment. This show is one reality show that never gets old (ahem, American Idol).

No comments: