Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger

As you probably noticed, I am addicted to all things relating to television, movies and entertainment. I read People.com everyday and buy "those" magazines just for pictures. So what a shock to watch the news last night and find out about Heath Ledger. What a sad, sad story about a talented young actor that seemed to live a fairly blessed life. I will admit that I loved 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knights Tale more than Brokeback Mountain but that does not mean that I did not admire his gifts as a serious actor (The Patriot anyone). My heart goes out to his family and that beautiful little girl who will now grow up without a father. I know that there is so much speculation about what happened and everyone will be looking for answers but I hope that the media remembers that this little girl (and her mother Michelle Williams) have just lost someone very special to them and it might not hurt to tread lightly. Wishful thinking I know. What a loss and a waste.

No comments: