Saturday, January 26, 2008

Real World Road Rules Challenge The Gauntlet III

I wish that there was some way that I could get across to television executives that it is difficult for those of us who watch a lot of dumb shows to have them all appear at the same time on the same night. Wednesday nights at 10 pm have become a problem and I now have to have both Tivos going at the same time to record all of my shows (Law & Order, Project Runway and now the Challenge).

So I watched the Gauntlet III on Wednesday night (The Challenge) on MTV and I have to say that I think I am finally at the age of 35 moving away from shows on MTV. Maybe not but my goodness, I don't know half of the characters anymore because they have been on seasons that I never watched (Denver, Austin etc) and the other half I do know and I am sad that none of them has found a real job yet.

Seriously, Beth who has been around since season 2 of Real World (which aired how many years ago) is still doing challenges. Is she not too old yet? And the obsession that she has for Nehemiah is all for show, I think and hope, but she continues to say his name over and over again (I think it sounds cool too but he is half her age).

The money always sounds good in the beginning of the challenge but some things never change. The nights are filled with hooking up and drunken fighting. The challenges are dirty, aggressive and competitive and the gauntlets are popularity contests that come down to who wants the most screen time.

In the opening Alex was beat by Nehemiah (got to say it again) and was sent home. Alex looked bored and did not try to win which was fine with everyone because he was a rookie. We'll see what happens when the gauntlet starts pitting the ones that we care about against each other.

Once again CT starts fighting at the beginning. This difference on this challenge is that his cancer free (good for her) girlfriend Diem is around. Thus far this does not seem to be making a difference in the stupidity of his actions. Coral has already thrust her boobs in someones face to start a fight (ah how things do not change).

So yes, to relive my youth I will continue to watch because I always do. I just wish that some of the younger and newer contestants seemed a little familiar to me. maybe I am losing my mind in my old age. I definitely think Beth is!

No comments: