Friday, January 11, 2008

Law & Order - The Original

I have been watching this show for what feels like forever and I must say I am still getting used to this season. Wednesday's episode (just watched last night) was a little disturbing. The story was about a bomb that went off and a doctor that discovered a gay gene in fetuses. Interesting and certainly politically volatile which is what we have come to love about L&O but I think we got a little too much personal information about Detective Green. The appeal of Law & Order is that we never know too much about the characters. They go to work solve the crimes and then go home and we know nothing about their home life. I am happy with that. I don't want to feel sorry for the detectives, I want them to solve the cases. On that note, Detective Lupo (played by Jeremy Sisto) is a little too morose for me. I know that he just lost his brother but I need him to pep up and be sarcastic. As for Jack McCoy as the DA, I gotta get used to it. It is strange for him not to be at the desk during trial and I miss him a little. We will see how the new ADA works out. I just don't want anyone messing with a format that has worked for how many years now?

No comments: