Monday, January 28, 2008

Friday Night Lights

The last few weeks of television have been difficult for me. I feel as if I have a little ADD when it comes to my favorite shows. Let me explain, knowing that my shows will be ending any day now (most already have) due to the writers strike I have a hard time watching without the "what's the point" attitude. Luckily Friday Night Lights is still on but I am waiting to see when it too will end.

Anyway, last night I watched the two newest episodes and here is the rundown. First, Lyla is now on a radio show with a cute (in a goody-goody way) young preacher who she seems to be falling in love with. Tim Riggins has decided that he loves Lyla and confesses to her his love which she brushes off but not before giving him the money to get rid of the Meth guy that he stole money from. The Coach and Tami cannot seem to drop their child off at daycare. Smash is involved in another race issue because he is dating a non-black girl. The Guatemalan Nurse has left Matt and his grandmother. Tyra is still not dating Landry so he has been seen with a rocker geek. Buddy is trying to trust Santiago with his hoodlum friends. And finally Jason Street has become a car salesman.

That, I think, is everything happening in Dillon Texas currently. The show is still good but I feel as if there are so many storylines that we do not get to see all of the characters every week. Plus these past two episodes, no football was played at all.

We will see where the show goes from here and what abrupt ending I will have to expect because of the strike. Will Landry and Tyra get together or will she end up back with Riggins because he was shot down by Lyla? Is Matt going to get over the nurse with Julie or is he going to become one of those guys? Will Smash's suspension affect his football future and will he ever break up with this girl that is causing so much trouble?

Stay tuned on Friday.

No comments: