Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Biggest Loser- Couples

I love a good makeover show! Anytime anyone gets a makeover I dream of someone showing up at my house to do the same to me. Maybe then I would have perfect hair (briefly) and the perfect outfit that I did not have to buy. Add Tim Gunn to the mix and I think I would be in heaven. But I am getting ahead of myself, back to the beginning.

First up the elimination. We were left last week with either Maggie (purple girl, I finally learned her name) or Brittany going home. The players voted and Maggie was eliminated. Now it was time for the makeovers. All of the players showed up at Macy's for what they thought was a challenge until Allison showed and let them know that it was time for a makeover. This is my favorite part, she then said they were bringing in the big Gunns (hee hee, get it, play on words). Everyone got a new hair-do and a new outfit. Dan's hair looked a little like the kid in Jerry Maguire and I was not crazy about Brittany's dress (she looked like she was going to fall out of it) but for the most part the makeovers were terrific. Ali's hair looked so much better short and I loved Kelly's straitened out locks.

Next up, the challenge. The contestants had to stay on a treadmill, backwards suspended over a pool, with the treadmill at an incline (I know, I know, next up they had to breath through a bubble). Mark won and felt the need to apologize to everyone for being competitive. I think Mark knows that it is coming down to the wire and he is doing a little bit of the CYA (cover your ass) so that no one votes him off.

The weigh-in was fairly predictable. Everyone had decent numbers, except Brittany and both brothers, Mark and Jay. Only Jay fell below the yellow line so the elimination was between Jay and Brittany. We knew Brittany was going home. I knew it, she knew it, everyone knew it but the producers had to try to shake things up a little. The boys are not going to vote each other off but then Dan started second guessing that decision based on what was best for him to win. He still voted for Brittany (as did Ali which I thought strange) and Brittany said goodbye to the campus.

Now it is six and only two more to go home before the final four is determined. Who will win? My money is still on Roger but I think Ali might have a fighting chance. Next week it is!

No comments: