Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Horton Hears a Who

I just got back from a field trip with my oldest. His class got to go see Horton Hears a Who and they all just loved it. The movie was so well done and with Jim Carrey as the lead (along with Carol Burnett and Steve Carrell) it was a can't miss situation. As an adult I often dread going to the movies with my children for fear of getting bored (Pokemon movie anyone?) and this one had enough adult humor to keep me entertained as well. Plus the final scene when Horton, all the animals and all of the Whos' begin singing I Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon I was laughing so hard and singing along that I almost lost one of my charges. At that point the children had no idea why I was laughing which made it even funnier. So if it rains this weekend or you need an outing with one or more of your children, go see this movie. Not only is it funny for both child and adult but it has a really good message about how unimportant size really is.

No comments: