Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lipstick Jungle

Last night was the "season" finale of Lipstick Jungle and I had a few minor issues with the entire episode.

First, the whole threesome thing with Victory was a little weird. I did not know whether to laugh or to simply be grossed out by the way the whole scenario took place. Plus the fact that I knew that it was inevitable when the couple wanted Victory to go out with them. As for the Joe situation, well he is a sleaze and I do wonder if he will be back next season (if there is another season).

Second, did Nico never think to ask exactly where her husband was when the heart attack occurred or with whom he was with? To me the whole thing smelled of older man trying to keep up with younger woman and yet she never questioned the hows and whys. Also, she gives up hot Kirby because she almost lost her husband but yet it seemed like an effort for her to say I love you. I am not buying it.

Finally, while her other two cohorts are dealing with more pressing issues, Wendy's character is having a campy moment with a writer that she cannot get to finish a script. Her whole storyline last night seemed more sitcomy than drama and it was hard to take her seriously.

I have read that NBC has ordered 6 more episodes of the show but when and where they will air remains to be seen. I also read that Lindsay Price (who plays Victory and is getting a divorce) is currently dating Matthew Perry (rumors but still) and that he might join the show. Only next season (or this summer if they try to burn through the episodes) will tell. As much as I complain about it I still watch and will probably continue to do so. It just seems as if it can only get better.

No comments: