Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Britney Spears on How I Met Your Mother

As guest spots go, How I Met Your Mother has not had many. There has been the occasional guest actor pop up from time to time but it is a show that will never use the guest actors the way that Will and Grace did (no one will they had guests every week). So this week, although it was highly touted, Britney showing up in the show was a little bit of a shock. Even more shocking was that she was not that bad. Her part was on a smaller scale than I expected but she was fun, flirty and even a little goofy.

Now I know that Ms. Spears has had a rough time (it is hard to feel sorry for someone who is a multi-millionaire) and she wants to be well respected again but I am not sure that bit parts, although fun, are what she needs to do. I still feel like she is a laughing stock and yes people watched last night (give me some credit, I always watch this show) but I wonder if it was just to see if she would fall on her face. People.com had a survey today where you could rate Britney's performance last night, on another website you could make fun of her weight and her wardrobe etc., etc.

I still believe that this girl needs to go away. Far, far, away until the fervor surrounding her dies down. She has talent. OK she does. She may not be the best singer but she commands a stage (I am not thinking at all about the VMA's this year) and it looks as if she might be able to carry a scene on a television show (movie no, Crossroads anyone?). However, as long as she continues to hang around now, no one (and that includes me) is going to give her a fair shot.

So she was fine last night, even funny, but until I don't see something about her every other day in the news, I will continue to laugh at her body and her need for the constant attention. No one wants this girl to succeed. She is a train wreck and even the smart, funny, wonderful actors (NPH I love you) on How I Met Your Mother cannot save her career or her reputation.

No comments: