Monday, June 22, 2009

Beach Trip by Cathy Holton

It is summer and I am reading all the time. I just finished a book called Beach Trip by Cathy Holton. The book is supposed to be based around four friends who visit the fictional island of Whale Head in NC. My family visits Bald Head Island, NC every year and yeah its the same island. Basic plot; four roommates from college get together after 23 years and reminisce, share secrets and basically receive therapy during the week they spend together. Sorry to say the book is predictable and slow. As a member of a group of girlfriends that does this every year I would have thought that I would have appreciated the idea more. Nope, not so much. The book is easy to read and the descriptions of the island seem pretty true to life but I felt that the secrets and lies had all been done before. Just a heads up if you need a book for the beach. This is probably not my first choice.

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

You are right, I read a book just like this, seems like, 20 years ago.

Our beach reading, over the years, is confined to the Oregon coast, shores of British Columbia and lakes in Northern Idaho.