Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Body Will Be Available For Viewing...

Now I am sorry that Michael Jackson is gone. OK I was sorry that Michael Jackson from the 80's left us a long time ago. I was a fan and still have plenty of MJ songs on my ipod (Man in the Mirror is awesome to workout to). However, does anyone want to see the shell of this man displayed for public viewing? Weird? Yes! But what more would we expect from the man that kept us all guessing over the years. The newest thing is that he was not the biological father of his children (really? I am shocked). I can only assume that in the weeks and months to come more and more of this man's private life will be revealed. This still does not mean that I want to see his lifeless body. Can we not celebrate the good (and great) and try to forget the weird. Probably not but it is worth a shot. Full story on People.com here.

4 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

It will cost local authorities thousands and thousands of dollars in crowd control. He doesn't warrant that kind of tax dollars in a state that is having to issue IOUs. Will they pick up the tab? If they really want people to see him, post a picture online. There is so little to celebrate when you balance the talent vs. the wretched life.

Tivo Mom said...

I still cannot discount the music. The wretched life and the disgusting allegations (some or all true) are that of a very sick man. But he was so talented. I agree that the viewing thing is stupid and unnecessary.

BethTruta said...

It's such a complicated legacy MJ will leave. You can't deny the talent or the creepy/masochistic lifestyle. But to have a public viewing is in such poor taste--and probably exactly what he would have wanted as he had no concept for boundaries or what was normal. Oh MJ! I think I'm going to start censoring the information on him, it's just too much.

Joy said...

His greedy bastard of a father will probably charge people to view him, speaking of poor taste.