Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Saved By The Bell Reunion?

Apparently ever since Jimmy Fallon took over Conan's desk he has been pleading for the entire Saved By The Bell cast to reunite on his show. Check out his video plea here with Mr. Belding. Anyway, as of right now I am admitting that I was a fan of the show (and sadly the college years as well) and even teared up a bit when Zack finally married Kelly. Lets just say that if there did happen to be a reunion on Mr. Fallon's show I would stay up late to watch and probably record it as well. This got me to thinking about my favorite episodes and I came up with two that stick out in my mind that I would watch over and over....

1. The prom episode in which Zack and Kelly break up "for good". I am not sure why I liked this one so much especially since the prom ended up being in costumes but for some reason I remember the final dance of Zack and Kelly and yeah I got a little upset.

2. The entirely dumb rap version of Snow White episode in which Zack as the prince kisses Jessie, even though he is going out with Kelly. Such drama, such heartbreak. Once again why it stands out I don't know but I know that I will watch any time it is on.

Admit it, you watched the show too right? Am I the only dork out there (besides Screech) who loved this show? Check out the "where are they now" on Yahoo while you are at it. I love that shit.

3 comments:

Mistress Maddie's Boy Toy said...

Puh-lease! Everyone KNOWS the best episode was when Jessie was trying to study for the SATs and doing the music video with Lisa and Kelly, so she started taking speed-like pills to cope.

"I'm so excited...I'm so excited...I'm so SCARED!!!!"

Great television. That or the one where they put subliminal messages in a song and all the girls (including Mrs. Wentworth) were after Zack. :)

Tivo Mom said...

I forgot about Jessie on drugs. Good memory. It is so funny that we, as semi-adults, remember this shit.

Anonymous said...

Loved the show and I loved seeing Mark Paul on Jimmy Fallon as Zack Morris. Priceless. I hope there is a reunion. It seems like they ahve for the most part moved on from their past and can embrace the show and have fun.

The caffeine pills episode is definitely one of the best! What about the one where the start Zack Attack and they have that big montage of what their future would be as this big name band? Good times.