Thursday, June 11, 2009

SYTYCD - Let The Games Begin!

I never (ever) call in to vote on a television show! Never! And I did last night. 4 times. For the first episode of So You Think You Can Dance I was so very impressed. It was hard to pick the bottom three with the performances that were presented last night. Just a couple of things...

1. I had to fast forward a lot while Mary Murphy was screaming (ugh) but I did not miss her Botox mention. Hilarious I must say.

2. I liked Tony in auditions, now not so much. He was not that great last night and his constant winking got on my nerves.

3. Wade Robson is a weird mofo. His crash test dummies dance was just strange last night. The judges seemed to love it, I just did not get it.

My four favorites that I voted for last night were...Jeanine and Phillip who did a hip hop routine almost flawlessly, Randi and Evan who performed a jazz number, Caitlin and Jason with the ol standard Bollywood (yeah right) and surprisingly Kayla and Max rounding out the night with a samba. All were great and all should have no trouble making it through to the next round.

Tonight we will hear the results and watch the solos. Should be interesting to see which dancers already have a following. If you want a more detailed recap check out Adam B. Vary on EW.com (here). Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going with Paris/Tony, Asuka/Vitolo and Kupono/Ashley in the bottom tomorrow.

I think Wades dance was too "weird" for the majority of people and the bar was set too high last night for them to sneak by. I do like Kupono though so I hope he stays.

Paris and Tony were only good last night not great. I never really jumped on the Tony train, he was a little too gimmicky for me and I didn't see enough talent to back it up unlike Evan and his brother.

Asuka and Vitolo were also fine but not great. Their choreography was great but like some judges said that extra umph wasn't there to make the dance really pop and feel energetic like it should have. Also I don't think enough people are as attached to them yet as they might be with Kayla or Max with their back stories and spotlights so far.

For me the top were Jeanine and Philip, Evan and Randi, Caitlin and Jason and Max and Kayla. I am excited for this season know that i have actually seen all the dancers and gotten to know them a little better! They brought it last night so it should be fun to watch!

Tivo Mom said...

You got it so right. I am impressed!