Thursday, June 4, 2009

Make Me a Supermodel - Branden Wins!

I thought it would be Jonathan! I counted on Jonathan! I was hoping for Sandhurst but knew that I would not be disappointed with any of the final three. And then from nowhere comes the young one. Branden wins it, in what seemed to be a close race to the finish and I must say, good for him.

Last night the final three had their loved ones visit and then took them to a gallery to see their pictures. When Branden's mom (a single mother who raised Branden alone) arrived the joy of Branden was infectious. At that moment he seemed like an 18 year old. Sandhurst's sister arrived surrounded by a lot of Trinidadian screaming and Jonathan's wife and son showed up. All wonderful reunions but nothing seemed to compare to Branden and his mom (there really is something about boys and their mothers).

The pictures in the gallery were a collection of the best taken during the show. The show did an excellent job with the final three. These guys were awesome and they had the final photos to prove it.

On to the runway and judging. All of the finalists were asked questions about their lives and dreams. Branden broke down when talking about his mom and needed Sandhurst and Jonathan to get him together but at that point it no longer mattered. Jonathan left first knowing that he will be successful leaving the final two as Branden and Sandhurst. Branden, "we can make you a supermodel", Tyson says. Confetti, its over and Branden gets his contract. What will happen to the other two? Call me Pollyanna but I think that both Sandhurst and Jonathan will do something in the fashion world. Great year this year on the show. Definitely one to keep an eye on in the future. Congrats to Branden!

1 comment:

David Dust said...

I am so happy for Branden! And I agree, I think all three of them will have modeling careers.

XOXOXOXO